This service is available to all patients who would like peace of mind concerning their baby at early stages of pregnancy. Why wait the agonising 12 weeks for a routine scan when an early pregnancy scan (viability or dating scan) can be performed from 6 weeks of pregnancy?
What does the scan tell you?
- How many embryos there is
- A picture of the baby’s heartbeat
- Date confirmation
- Indicates size of sac or embryo, which confirms number of weeks of pregnancy
- Confirmation of the presence of any internal bleeding that may require monitoring
The scan is performed by our specialist consultant, at an appointment convenient to you, who will allow greater time to discuss the results with you.
We offer a Pregnancy Care Package for £595 which includes the following:
- 2 x progesterone blood test, one at 6 week and one at 8 weeks.
- 3 x scans (6 week, 8 week & 10 week scans)
- Blood pressure & Urine sample x 3 to be taken on scan days with mini nurse consultation
*If you are not a current patient of Newlife, you will need an initial consultation to enable the consultant to understand your medical history. This will be an additional £200
Research has shown that if you see a heartbeat at 6 weeks of pregnancy, the chances of the pregnancy continuing are 78%. A heartbeat at 8 weeks increases the chance of a continuing pregnancy to 98% and at 10 weeks this increases to 99.4%.
To discuss the scans throughout your pregnancy please contact the nurses on 01372 738949